Application form is available at the Registration Branch, DC Office. It can also be downloaded here Marriage Certificate Application Form . Duly filled in form is to be submitted with the following supporting documents as per the Guidelines and Rules & Regulations for Registration under the Special Marriage Act 1954
- The application for the Registration should be submitted 30 days before the intended marriage date for the couple (married/unmarried).
- During the time of marriage minimum of 3 witnesses should be present.
Documents to be submitted:-
- Birth Certificate should be submitted for the age proof.
- Residential proof of the individuals.
- Marital Status, in case of married couple (marriage certificate, wedding pictures etc). In case of unmarried couple (Marital status certificate).
- For Foreigner,
- Spinster/Bachelor Certificate for Unmarried.
- For Divorcee, Divorce decree.
- 2 numbers of recent passport size photos.
Office of the Deputy Commissioner, West Jaintia Hills District, Jowai
Location : DC Office | Pincode -793150
Email : dc-wjh-meg[at]nic[dot]in