District Social Welfare Office
SCHEMES / PROJECTS BEING IMPLEMENTED BY THE OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT SOCIAL WELFARE OFFICER:: WEST JAINTIA HILL DISTRICT, JOWAI.
The main object and purpose of the District office is aimed at providing welfare services to the vulnerable groups of society and to work for welfare of the poor, and the weaker section of the society by helping them to help themselves in co-operation with the voluntary social welfare Organizations working for the welfare of women, children ,People With Disabilities (PWDs) and infirm and aged indifferent fields mentioned below:
1. Welfare Programme to Persons With Disabilities(PWDs):-
(a) Scholarship to the PWDs Students:
is being awarded once in a year from Pre-Primary to Higher classes under different rates below with the aim to help and encourage them to continue for higher studies and to compete with normal students. Scholarship is awarded for those regular students only as below:
- Class Nursery to Class V: [at] Rs.250/- Per month
- Class VI to Class X: [at] Rs.350/- Per month
- Class XI and above: [at] Rs.450/- Per month
(b) Book Grant/Uniform Grant/ Conveyance Allowance:
awarded to the PWDs students from Class I and above who secured 40% marks and above during the annual examination subject to renewal every year except for Uniform Grant where it is given once into two years. as for conveyance Allowance is given when the rate of Bus Fare/ Taxi fare is certified by the Head of the School, .Rate for the above scheme is mentioned below:
A. Book Grant:
Class Nursery to Class V: [at] Rs.400/- Annually
Class VI to Class X: [at] Rs.600/- Do
Class XI and above: [at] Rs.900/- Do
Class Nursery to Class V: [at] Rs.500/- Do
Class VI to Class X: [at] Rs.750/- Do
Class XI and above: [at] Rs.1000/- Do
C. Conveyance Allowance:
Class Nursery and above: [at] Rs. 2500/- Do
D. Unemployment allowance :
is awarded to the PWDs who had passed
Matric / H.S.S.L.C examination and above and did not get a job in government offices / Autonomous body etc. the allowance is given [at] of Rs.1000/-Per month subject to renewal till the awardee (s) attained the age of 32 year
2. GRANT IN AID TO VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS(State Schemes)
(a) Grant in aid are given to the NGOs working for:
- Child Welfare Activities:
- Women Welfare Activities:
- Anti-Drug Campaign:
- Welfare of People With Disabilities( PWDs)
- Welfare of Old Aged and Infirm.
3.WELFARE OF AGED & INFIRM::
(a) Medical Treatment for Aged and infirm: :Financial assistance for medical treatment for aged and infirm persons who attained the age of 60 years for women and 65 years for men who falls under the below poverty line is awarded Rs.2200/- per person per year for one time only .
4. Chief Minister Social Assistance Scheme:
Wedding Assistant to pure Orphans Girls is given to Orphan Girls [at] Rs.15000/- each who registered their marriage with competent registration authority only.
- Celebration of International Women’s Day is observed and celebrate on the 8th day of March every year in collaboration with the NGOs.
- Celebration of International Day Against Drug Abuse and illicit Trafficking on every 26th Day of June every year.
- Celebration of International Day of Older Persons: on every 1st day of October every year for the older persons who attained the aged of 60 years for Women and above and 65 years old and above in case of men attended the celebration.
- Celebration of World Disabled Day is being celebrated on every 3rd day of December every year, Health check Up, and medicines were given to them and other entertainment such as sports and games, singing, dancing etc and prizes and bus fare were paid to all the participants who attended the celebration according to Budget sanctioned by the Directorate of Social Welfare.